- Turn the small adjustment screw on the side of the Whirlpool modular ice maker with a Phillips screwdriver to adjust the water level.
- Turn the adjustment screw clockwise to decrease the amount of water that fills the ice tray per cycle. If the ice cubes are too large and the water overflows, they freeze to the tray and will not eject properly. Decreasing the water fill level will correct this action.
- Turn the adjustment screw counterclockwise to increase the water fill level. This will enable more water to enter the tray and make larger ice cubes. Increase the water fill level if ice cubes are small or contain a hollow center.
Things You Will Need
- Small Phillips screwdriver
- Adjusting the water fill level by 1/2 turn in either direction increases or decreases the total water by 20 cc's and 1.2 seconds of filling time.
- Adjusting the water fill level by one full turn in either direction increases or decreases the total water volume by 40 cc's or 2.4 seconds of filling time.
- Whirlpool modular ice makers are factory preset at a normal water level of 7.5 seconds of fill time. This level shows as a small hole centering inside of the large hole on the front of the ice maker at the adjustment screw level.