How to Unlock the Keypad on a KitchenAid Superba
KitchenAid's Superba side-by-side refrigerators include a built-in ice maker, ice-and-water dispenser, and wine rack. The keypad on the ice-and-water dispenser locks to prevent unwanted use.
When the keypad locks, no water or ice dispenses from the unit, and other controls, such as for the refrigerator and freezer temperatures, are not adjustable. To resume use of the control panel, simply unlock it.
Confirm that the freezer and refrigerator doors are completely closed.
Locate the "Lock" or "Lock Out" button on the control panel of the ice-and-water dispenser.
Press and hold the "Lock" or "Lock Out" button until the locked indicator disappears on the control panel. The control panel is now unlocked.
Andrew Todd has been writing since 2006. He has written for the Consumer Search website and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida. Todd has a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University of Central Florida.
- How to Use WD-40 to Wash a Shower Door
- How to Remove a Freezer Drawer in a Kenmore
- How to Troubleshoot an Oster Convection/Microwave Oven
- How to Access the Evaporator in a GE Refrigerator With a Bottom Freezer
- Loud Noises From the Water Dispenser of a KitchenAid Refrigerator
- How to Reset a Sears Refrigerator