How to Fix a Leaky Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Dispenser
Installing your Whirlpool refrigerator in the kitchen or putting in a filter cartridge can cause the water dispenser to leak while the dispenser is not in use, and requires flushing the refrigerator's water system. A flush of the water system clears out buildup, air and other deposits that prevent proper functioning of your water dispenser. Contact the Whirlpool customer service line if the the water leak continues, as your appliance may require professional repair.
Place the container underneath the water dispenser, and push the dispenser lever to begin filling the container.
Depress and hold the dispenser lever for five seconds and release it. Wait five seconds after releasing the dispenser lever, and hold the dispenser lever down again for five seconds.
Repeat the push and release process until the container is filled with 3 gallons of water.
Pour the container's water into the sink after the flushing process is finished.
Flush the water system after installing a new filter cartridge, putting the refrigerator into vacation mode. Also, flush the system if the refrigerator was recently installed in your kitchen.
Things You Will Need
- A few drops of water from the water dispenser is normal after use and does not require flushing the water system.
- How to Bleach Bacteria in Cistern Water
- How to Make Bleach Neutralizer
- How to Change the Water Filter on a Whirlpool Refrigerator Model ED5VHEXVB01
- How to Attach the Door Front to a Whirlpool Integrated Dishwasher
- How to Unlock the Keypad on a KitchenAid Superba
- How to Check a Maytag Refrigerator Thermostat