- Remove the blinds from the window. Directions for removing the blinds will vary depending on how they are hung. You may need a screwdriver to take down the blinds.
- Line the bottom of your bathtub with an old towel. Extend the blinds to their full length with the slats open and lay them in the tub.
- Fill the bathtub with enough water to completely cover the blinds. Add 1 cup chlorine bleach and 8 oz. of baking soda if the blinds are white. For colored blinds, use 2 cups white vinegar and 8 oz. of baking soda.
- Let the blinds soak in the tub for about 20 minutes. Scrub the mildewed blinds with a rag dipped in the bathtub water.
- Rinse off the blinds with water from the shower. If possible, hang the blinds outside to dry. If you cannot take them outside, lay them on a towel on the bathroom floor to dry.
Things You Will Need
- Old towels
- 1 cup chlorine bleach or 2 cups white vinegar
- 8 oz. baking soda
- Do not use this method for fabric blinds. Take the blinds to a dry cleaner for mildew removal.