- Pour about 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of white or cider vinegar down the drain following the baking soda. Do not use vinegar with added salt or flavorings, such as balsamic vinegar.
- Cover the drain with a drain cover and wait for several hours. This will allow the baking soda and vinegar to react chemically to clean and unclog the drain.
- Uncover the drain and pour hot water down the drain to clear out the baking soda and vinegar.
Homemade Pipe-Cleaning Solution
It is important to keep your pipes clean to keep them from clogging. A clogged drain will drain slowly, or not at all. Many products are available for cleaning and unclogging drains, but a simple homemade solution made from natural ingredients can serve the same purpose as expensive drain cleaners.
Things You Will Need
- How to Clean a Stale Washing Machine
- How to Kill Mold & Mildew in Showers Without Bleach
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Clean an Outdoor Bird Feeder
- How to Reset a Craftsman Keypad
- How to Use Vinegar to Disinfect
- How to Clean Lime Off Copper
- How to Clean Mold & Mildew From a Spa Cover
- How to Thaw a Steak in a Toaster Oven
- How to Make Enamel Paint Dull
- How to Clean a Pickle Crock
- How to Add Texture to Painted Walls