Homemade Pipe-Cleaning Solution
It is important to keep your pipes clean to keep them from clogging. A clogged drain will drain slowly, or not at all. Many products are available for cleaning and unclogging drains, but a simple homemade solution made from natural ingredients can serve the same purpose as expensive drain cleaners.
Pour about 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain.
Pour about 1/2 cup of white or cider vinegar down the drain following the baking soda. Do not use vinegar with added salt or flavorings, such as balsamic vinegar.
Cover the drain with a drain cover and wait for several hours. This will allow the baking soda and vinegar to react chemically to clean and unclog the drain.
Uncover the drain and pour hot water down the drain to clear out the baking soda and vinegar.
Based in Western Washington, Evan Becker has been writing professionally since the beginning of 2010. His articles have been featured on eHow. He earned his associate's degree in arts and sciences at the age of 18 at Tacoma Community College. He currently attends the University of Washington Tacoma and is pursuing a bachelor's degree in business.
- flushed image by pix29 from Fotolia.com
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Remove Spray Foam From Paint
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Reset the Electrolux EW30ES65GS
- How to Get the Clean Light to Go Off on a GE Dishwasher