- Use a D-ring hanger or strap hanger in conjunction with a J-hook, as Govart.com recommends. Position the hanger so that it and the J-hook will be far enough inside the edge of the frame to be hidden.
- Use a stud finder to find a stud. Hold the unit up to the wall. It will notify you when it has located a stud.
- Grab a partner. One person should hold the item to be hung in the desired place while the other makes a pencil mark on the wall to note the location of the hangers.
- Match the J-hook with the pencil mark and attach the hook by hammering one small nail into each hole.
Things You Will Need
- D-ring or strap hanger
- Small hammer
- J-hook and accompanying nails
- Stud finder
- Studs offer the most support for a J-hook, but if that's not an option, use plastic drywall anchors and screws.