- Obtain a wallpaper scoring tool. These can be picked up at any hardware store, borrowed from a friend or found in your tool box. Some popular brands are PaperTiger and Simple Strip.
- Press the tool firmly against the top of the wall and move it downward, maintaining pressure. If the tool doesn't penetrate the wallpaper, redo the action and press harder.
- Repeat step 2 for each section of the wall, until all of the wallpaper has been scored.
How to Score Wallpaper
When attempting to remove wallpaper from a wall, a good method involves scoring the wallpaper before steaming it or applying chemicals. What this entails is using a tool to poke numerous holes into the wallpaper. This allows the steam or chemicals to better penetrate the wallpaper to the adhesive.
Things You Will Need
- Easy Way to Remove Wallpaper Glue
- How to Remove Stickers From Stoneware
- How to Skim Coat a Wall After Wallpaper Removal
- How to Stretch Loose Carpet
- How to Remove Wallpaper Using a Steam Iron
- How to Add Texture to Painted Walls
- How to Use Brad Nailers with Crown Molding
- How to Remove Old Wood Paneling
- How to Clean Cat Poop From the Carpet
- How to Repair a Dent in the Wall
- How do I Find a Whirlpool Appliance Repair Manual?
- How to Rehang My Wallpaper
- How to Find a Model Number on an Amana Refrigerator
- How to Clean Ink Off Leather