- Pick out a basket to hold the fruit. If using the basket to decorate your home, choose a style of basket that complements your decor. A basket with a handle makes a pretty gift basket.
- Choose fruit to add to the basket. Decide what kind of fruit you want based on what you like to eat. Fruit that will also serve as a decorative arrangement in your home can be chosen for colors also. Choose fruit that is firm and not overripe. Good choices are apples, pears, oranges, grapefruit, bananas, grapes, lemons and limes. Don't add berries that are too delicate, crush easily or have a shorter shelf life than most other fruits.
- Arrange the fruit in the basket from largest to smallest. Heavier fruits such as apples, pears and oranges should be placed on the bottom. Next add the smaller, more delicate fruits on top. Be careful not to stack too high so that the fruit could topple over.
- Add a pretty bow with a gift card if this is going to be a gift. If using this as part of your home decor, weave a ribbon through the basket if possible in a color that coordinates with the room.
How to Arrange Fruit in a Basket
It's rare to find something prettier than a colorful basket of fruit. Fruit baskets add an inexpensive practical addition to any decor. They also make a tasteful gift.
- How to Decorate With Glass Jars
- How to Decorate With Ribbon and Tulle
- How to Use the Norpro Sauce Master
- Ideas for Native American Table Decorations
- Flowers to Plant in Tall Pots
- How to Make Homemade Air Deodorizer
- How to Clean Marble Sculptures
- How to Create a Fruit Fly Trap
- How to Clean Coffee Mugs
- Ideas for Glass Bowl Table Centerpieces
- How to Use Champion Juicer to Make Nut Butter
- How to Make Towel Flowers
- How to Pick Good Oranges
- How to Clean Silverware With Household Products