- Open your Kenmore's freezer and place an open box of baking soda on a shelf. This keeps the freezer fresh at all times.
- Remove the ice maker's tray by lifting it to unlock it, and then pull it out.
- Dispose of all ice within the tray. Pour the ice in the sink and melt it with hot water.
- Clean the ice maker tray with warm water and dish soap on a sponge or rag. Clean it thoroughly as if it is one of your dishes.
- Rinse and dry the tray fully, and then place it back in the freezer.
Things You Will Need
- Baking soda
- Dish soap
- Sponge or rag
- Melt the discarded ice into a bucket and water plants with it.