- Unplug the coffee maker.
- Dampen a clean, soft cloth. Wipe the entire outside of the coffee maker with it.
- Rinse the glass carafe or ceramic mug with warm, soapy water. Do not stick anything inside the container, including your hand, as that might break it.
- Wash the filter basket with warm, soapy water. You also can put it in the top rack of your dishwasher.
- Scrub stains that won't come out with a plastic or nylon pad and a non-abrasive cleaner.
Removing Calcium Deposits
- Fill the coffee maker's glass carafe or ceramic mug with cold water.
- Add two tablespoons of white vinegar to the water in a carafe of 1/2 tablespoon of white vinegar to a mug.
- Pour the vinegar liquid into the coffee maker's water reservoir, close the lid, and allow the coffee maker to brew it.
- Discard the vinegar solution, and rinse the carafe or mug with cold water.
- Fill the carafe or mug with cold water once again, pour it into the water reservoir, close the lid, and allow the coffee maker to brew it. Discard the brewed water.
Things You Will Need
- Soft cloth
- Plastic or nylon pad
- Non-abrasive cleaner
- White vinegar
- After every use, thoroughly rinse the removable filter holder with warm, soapy water.