Cleaning Instructions for the Oster Blender
Oster blenders come in a variety of models that have varying speeds and settings. The proper method for cleaning the blenders is the same for each model. Oster blenders are easy to clean, and many of the parts are dishwasher safe. No special equipment or chemicals are needed to clean an Oster blender. Always clean the blender after each use, especially when blending dairy products, meats or egg products.
Fill the blender jar with 3 cups of hot water. Squeeze in two drops of dishwashing liquid.
Turn the blender on to its lowest setting. Let the blender blend the soapy water for 15 seconds, then pour out the soapy water and rinse the jar in clean water.
Unplug the blender. Wipe down the outside of the base with a sponge dipped in soapy water. Rinse out the sponge and wipe off the base with clean water to rinse it.
Remove the sealing ring from the blender and place it in the bottom utensil basket of your dishwasher. Place the lid, blade and jar in the dishwasher and wash them in a normal cycle.
- Do not immerse the base of an Oster blender in water.
Based in Richmond, Va., Dawn Gibbs writes about topics such as history, fashion, literature, crafts, alternative medicine and healthy living. Her work has appeared on GreenDaily.com and several style websites. Gibbs holds a Bachelor of Arts in history from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- How to Put Together a Black & Decker Quick 'N Easy Food Processor
- How to Clean Calphalon Cookware
- Instructions for Magic Chef Rice & Veggie Steamer Model FS1
- Ultimate Chopper Electric Blender Instructions
- How to Replace the Agitator Shaft on a GE Hydrowave Washing Machine
- Instructions for the Simac Gelataio 1600