How to Clean an Outdoor Bird Feeder.
Take down the bird feeder from the outdoor area and empty out all of the contents from the inside of the bird feeder.
Lightly rinse the bird feeder in a sink of warm water.
While the bird feeder is still wet, sprinkle with baking soda and scrub the entire surface area with the sponge and rinse well.
Mix two parts of water to one part of vinegar and empty into a spray bottle.
Use the spray bottle to generously spray the bird feeder down until the surface area is covered.
Allow the vinegar and water solution to sit on the bird feeder for fifteen minutes, then wipe dry with a soft washcloth.
Wipe dry with a soft washcloth.
Things You Will Need
- Bird feeder.
- Baking Soda.
- Spray bottle of vinegar and water.
- Sink of warm water.
- Regular household vinegar works best when used for cleaning.
- Vinegar acts as an all natural cleaning agent and as a deodorizer.
- Use a non abrasive sponge so that you do not scratch the surface of the bird feeder.
- Reuse your spray bottle for other uses, but make sure it is free of other chemicals.
- Vinegar and baking soda are considered safe and all natural and will not harm the birds digestive systems.