How to Clean an Outdoor Bird Feeder.
- Take down the bird feeder from the outdoor area and empty out all of the contents from the inside of the bird feeder.
- Lightly rinse the bird feeder in a sink of warm water.
- While the bird feeder is still wet, sprinkle with baking soda and scrub the entire surface area with the sponge and rinse well.
- Mix two parts of water to one part of vinegar and empty into a spray bottle.
- Use the spray bottle to generously spray the bird feeder down until the surface area is covered.
- Allow the vinegar and water solution to sit on the bird feeder for fifteen minutes, then wipe dry with a soft washcloth.
- Wipe dry with a soft washcloth.
Things You Will Need
- Bird feeder.
- Baking Soda.
- Spray bottle of vinegar and water.
- Sink of warm water.
- Regular household vinegar works best when used for cleaning.
- Vinegar acts as an all natural cleaning agent and as a deodorizer.
- Use a non abrasive sponge so that you do not scratch the surface of the bird feeder.
- Reuse your spray bottle for other uses, but make sure it is free of other chemicals.
- Vinegar and baking soda are considered safe and all natural and will not harm the birds digestive systems.