- Pour a small amount of wax stripper on the tile after installation for easiest wax removal.
- Scrub the tile with a poultice or nylon emulsifying pad.
- Rinse with water and a clean cloth.
- Repeat the process if necessary to remove all signs of the wax coating.
Things You Will Need
- Wax stripper
- Tile scrubbing poultice or white nylon emulsifying pad
- Clean cloths
- Wax strippers are available at tile and home stores and are made specifically for stripping the wax coating on porcelain tiles. They are fairly mild and easy to use. Start with one of these products before trying a stronger cleaner.