- Pull the crisper drawer all the wall out of the refrigerator and remove all of its contents. Remove and replace any drawer guides that have broken off and are no longer supporting the weight of the drawer. Some crisper drawer guides simply snap into place while others require a screwdriver for installation.
- Wash the broken crisper drawer with liquid dish soap and a soft sponge. Dry all the surfaces of the crisper drawer with a kitchen towel. Rough up the areas of damage on the drawer with a fine grit sandpaper so the adhesive will adhere better.
- Apply a small amount of plastic glue or strong epoxy to the broken area. Smooth the adhesive into the cracks and remove excess with a wooden craft stick. You may choose to use clamps to hold pieces in place while the glue hardens according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Smooth the areas of dried glue with fine grit sandpaper. Wipe away the glue dust with a moist sponge. Slide the fixed crisper drawer back into the refrigerator and refill it with fruits and vegetables.
Things You Will Need
- Replacement drawer guides
- Liquid dish soap
- Soft sponge
- Kitchen towel
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Plastic glue or epoxy
- Wooden craft stick
- Clamps (optional)
- Replacement slides and crisper drawers can often be ordered directly from the manufacturer or through an official retailer of the brand.