- Fill out a change of name form and file it with the Arizona Superior court. Attend the hearing to obtain a name change. You will be contacted with the hearing date.
- Go to the Register of Deeds department. This is where property information such as deeds and titles is kept.
- Request that your deed be pulled. Check the names listed on the deed. You might not have to do anything. The courts may have forwarded notice to other departments about the name change.
- Ask that your name be changed on the title. Provide proof of your name change by showing the court paper work and your ID. You may need to have a Quit Claim deed filled out to change the name on the properly. This will require you to find a notary to witness the signing of the form. If there isn't one in the office, you will have to leave and come back with the form filled out.
- If you don't own the property, you might be denied the ability to change the name on the title. In this case, you will need to contact your loan company. Once the name is changed in the company's system, it will send the proper paperwork to the county.