How to Get a New Suite Address From the Postal Office

Vera Leigh

If you recently moved to a new suite in your building -- or if the building where you rent space for your business recently changed the suite numbers -- you will need to request a Change of Address form from the United States Postal Service. Getting your new suite number recognized by the postal service is easy to do.

Get a new suite address by changing your address online.

You can access an official change of address request form online or in person, or you can accomplish it over the phone.

Changing Your Address Online

  1. Visit the official Change of Address Request form page on the USPS website.

  2. Click the "Begin" button.

  3. Indicate whether your move is permanent or temporary. Type the date the USPS should begin forwarding your mail. Press the "Continue" button.

  4. Select "Business" and "Continue."

  5. Type the name of your company, your old address and your new address. Enter your email address and press "Continue." You will have to enter a credit card number, which will be charged a $1.00 verification fee.

Visiting Your Local Post Office

  1. Visit your local post office and ask a staffer for a Change of Address form, officially called PS Form 3575.

  2. Fill out the form with your former and new business address.

  3. Return the form to the staffer. By submitting the form to the post office, you will not have to pay the $1.00 verification fee.

Change Your Address Via Telephone

  1. Call 1-800-ASK-USPS, which is 1-800-275-8777.

  2. Follow the voice prompts to speak into the phone your former and current addresses.

  3. Deliver your credit or debit card number over the phone. Your card will be charged a $1.00 verification fee to electronically verify your address.