- Fill a spray bottle with pure white vinegar.
- Remove all shoes from the rack, and spray the vinegar over the entire rack. The vinegar is not only a disinfectant, but also a natural deodorizer that removes the foul smell without using the harsh chemicals found in many commercial deodorizers and disinfectants.
- Let the shoe rack absorb the vinegar for about 10 minutes, then wipe down the shoe rack with a damp cloth.
- Repeat monthly or as needed when foul odor becomes present. The vinegar can also be sprayed into the insoles of shoes to kill odor.
How to Remove Foul Smell From Shoe Racks
A shoe rack allows you to efficiently place all of your shoes in one location, organized in a way that keeps pairs in order and easy to find. But just as your shoes sometimes develop an odor, this same odor can become present in the shoe rack itself. When this happens, you must use something that not only deodorizes the shoe rack but also kills any bacteria that could be cause of the foul smell.
Things You Will Need
- How to Remove Hard Water Deposits in Teapots
- How to Use Coconut Flour
- How to Clean an Outdoor Bird Feeder
- Home Remedies for Cleaning Shoes
- How to Get Stains Out of Bottles
- How to Remove Chewing Gum Stains
- How to Clean Dog Urine With White Vinegar
- How to Make Your Own Flavored Vinegars
- How to Remove Dishwasher Stains
- How to Clean a Stale Washing Machine
- How to Make Sure My Converse Are Never Dirty
- How to Clean a Kenmore Elite Ice Maker
- How to Clean Baby Bottles So They Won't Get Yellow
- How to Kill Mold & Mildew in Showers Without Bleach