How to: Home Remedy to Remove or Lighten Freckles
While some find freckles cute, others simply wish them gone. Freckles are caused by the sun, which damages the skin's pigment-producing cells, known as melanocytes. When the sun damages melanocytes, large collections of pigment gather in the skin, creating freckles. Avoid spending excessive time in the sun so you do not get more freckles. When you do, wear a sunscreen. Treatments often includes methods that bleach and/or exfoliate the skin, which fades the freckles over time.
Lighten Freckes Naturally
- Wash the freckled skin with sour milk about three times a week, or as often as you like. The lactic acid in milk exfoliates the skin, promoting gentle peeling over time.
- Apply a thin layer of sour cream to the skin once or twice a week. Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes and gently wipe it off with a soft cloth.
- Use a fruit or vegetable mask on the freckled skin once a week. Grate the fruits or vegetables and allow them to sit on the skin for about 15 minutes. Use cranberries, apricots, strawberries, red currant, papaya, cucumbers, onion, radish and eggplant.
- Pat lemon juice, orange juice or lime juice on the freckles and do not remove it. The juices provide targeted spot treatments by fading the skin. You can also mix parsley juice with equal amounts of lemon and orange juices or mix the parsley juice with equal amounts of lemon and red currant juices.
- Mix together milk and ground yellow mustard for an overnight treatment. Apply this mixture to the skin and wash it off in the morning.
- Mix three to four ground mint leaves with a cup of mashed banana. Apply this to the freckled skin and let sit for about 15 minutes before washing.
- Pat vitamin E oil or castor oil directly onto the freckles before going to bed. Wash the area in the morning.
Things You Will Need
- Lemon juice
- Orange juice
- Lime juice
- Parsley juice
- Red currant juice
- Sour milk
- Sour cream
- Fruits and vegetables for a mask
- Yellow mustard
- Mint leaves
- Vitamin E oil
- Castor oil
- Soft cloth
- Home Remedies: Freckles
- Niche Topics: 7 Best Ways to Fade and Remove Freckles Naturally
- No Freckles: Natural Home Remedies to Remove Freckles
- Health-Cares.net: What Treatments are Available to Remove Freckles?
- Leon's Beauty Tips and Secrets: How to Get Rid of Freckles Naturally?
- Freckles: What Causes Freckles