How to Get Rid of Mattress Stains
You spend a great deal of your life lying on your mattress. This means that it's very important to keep your mattress as clean and sanitary as possible, and it also means that accidents are bound to happen. If something is spilled on your mattress, it is probably going to cause a stain. Luckily, there is a simple process you can use to remove that stain. Once the material is dry, you can continue to enjoy a good night's sleep.
- Use the terrycloth to blot up any standing liquid. Apply firm pressure to the stain but do not rub the liquid as it could spread the stain.
- Continue blotting until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the terrycloth is dry.
- Pour hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle and mist the stain thoroughly. Let it sit for about five to 10 minutes.
- Use more pieces of terrycloth to blot the area until the hydrogen peroxide has been fully absorbed.
- Sprinkle on a liberal amount of baking soda if the stain was caused by something with an odor, such as urine. Let the baking soda sit on the mattress for several hours.
- Brush away the baking soda to remove it, along with the odor that the stain caused.