- Lay out your bath towel on a table where you have plenty of room to work. Start at the bottom of the towel, and roll up half of the towel as tightly as possible.
- Start at the other end of the towel, and roll it up to the halfway point so you have two rolls next to each other.
- Place either hand on the ends of the rolls, and fold the towel in half so that the rolls are on the outside of the loop.
- Hold the towel tightly in one hand while you pull just the middle of each roll out about 1 inch, just enough for you to hold onto.
- Grab the 1-inch sections, two in either hand, and pull the rolls -- the arms and legs -- apart to form the monkey body. Pull them apart enough so that either side is touching to table. Set this aside.
- Place the wash cloth on your table on the diagonal. Fold the bottom of the wash cloth up to make a triangle. Fold each bottom corner up to the top point to make a square.
- Flip the square over so that all the folded parts are on the bottom. Fold the bottom corner of the square up to form another triangle.
- Hold the wash cloth in your hands, and fold it in half and flip at the same time to form the monkey's head.
- Place the head in between the arms and legs of the body.
- Follow Steps 1 through 3 above to form the legs of the elephant. Stand the legs on end.
- Find the middle of the [hand towel](https://society6.com/bath-towels?utm_source=SFGHG&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=3436), and hold it tightly with your teeth. Grasp the sides of the towel on either side of your mouth and roll tightly until you have about 6 inches of towel left on either side for the floppy ears.
- Turn the ears over with the point where you held the towel with your mouth pointing downward. Roll the point upward a little to form the trunk.
- Pull down the top flap to form the face, and make the ears more pronounced.
Things You Will Need
- Bath towel
- Wash cloth
- Hand towel
- Practice is the key to making folded towel shapes. Keep practicing while until you have it perfect.
- Sometimes the size of the towel can make a difference. If you are having trouble folding your towels into the animal shapes, try a towel that is a little bit larger or a little bit smaller.