- Fill your sink with equal parts warm water and white vinegar.
- Place the coffee pot and lid in the sink and let it soak for approximately 15 minutes.
- Scrub the pot and lid with a dishcloth to finish removing any lime residue.
- Rinse thoroughly under running water.
Things You Will Need
- White vinegar
- Dish cloth
- You also may want to fill your coffee pot with equal amounts of water and vinegar and pour the solution into the coffee maker. Then turn the maker on and let the mixture run through the cycle. This will clean lime deposits from inside your coffee maker as well. Run clean water through the coffee maker several times afterward to get rid of any vinegar residue.