How to Clean the Stains Out of Tea Cups in the Dishwasher
Tea stains in tea cups can be a challenge to clean in the dishwasher. In many cases the standard dishwasher cycles are not sufficient to remove the stains. However, a presoak offers improved cleaning power and boosts the efficiency of the dishwasher.
- Fill the cup with boiling water. Heat the water in a microwave oven or in a teapot on the stove. The hot water improves the efficiency of the cleaning process.
- Add 1 teaspoon of dishwasher detergent to the water. Stir the detergent in the water with a spoon or fork. Allow the water and detergent mix to soak in the cup overnight.
- Dump the water and detergent mix in the sink and place the cup in the dishwasher. Run the dishwasher with its normal detergent and cycle.
Things You Will Need
- Hot water
- Dishwasher detergent
- Baking soda
- Lemon wedge
- Other options include placing baking soda inside the cup and rubbing with a damp rag.
- Place a wedge of lemon in the cup and fill with hot water. The acid of the lemon replaces the detergent used in the previous steps.