Instructions for Kenmore Dishwasher Rack Assembly
Kenmore dishwashers have two racks: one on the bottom and one on the top. The racks are used to hold the dishes during the wash cycle. Each rack has plastic wheels on the bottom that allow it to roll in and out of the dishwasher. The wheels on a Kenmore dishwasher rack are plastic, and snap into place. The wheels and wheel brackets can be easily removed from and attached to the dishwasher, should a wheel break, or the entire rack require replacement.
Removing The Racks
Open the dishwasher door, then pull the bottom rack all the way out so that it rests on the dishwasher door, as if it were being loaded. Lift the rack out to remove.
Pull the top rack out of the dishwasher so that the arms are fully extended.
Remove the rack-stop on the end of each arm by pressing in the tabs on the inside of the rack-stop, then pulling off the rack-stop.
Pull the rack straight out of the arms and out of the dishwasher.
Replacing the Wheels
Remove the rack from the dishwasher.
Pull the old wheel bracket straight off of the rack.
Squeeze the two clips in the center of the outside of the wheel, then remove the wheel from the bracket.
Snap the new wheel onto the wheel bracket.
Insert the arm on the bottom of the dishwasher into the rear of the wheel bracket, then snap the bracket into place.
- How to Troubleshoot a Kenmore Dishwasher That Won't Drain
- How to Remove a Chopper in a Kenmore Ultra Wash
- How to Replace the Agitator Shaft on a GE Hydrowave Washing Machine
- How to Take the Tub Off a Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer
- How to Replace the Agitator on a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II Washing Machine
- Instructions for a Whirlpool Duet Front Load Dryer Rack W10121663