- Combine 1 cup hot water and 1/2 cup salt. Mix well but do not allow the salt to dissolve.
- Pour the salt mixture into the drain and let it sit for up to 15 minutes.
- Rinse the drain with clean, hot water.
- Repeat as necessary until there is no more grease in the drain.
How Can I Clean Grease From a Drain?
In some ways, it is inevitable that some grease is going to end up going down a kitchen drain, particularly if greasy foods are frequently cooked and consumed. Even if most of the grease is disposed of properly and is not sent down the drain, grease from washing pots and pans can eventually build up in the drain and cause a blockage. Cleaning grease from a drain is possible with some household staples and needs to be done on a regular basis to ensure proper drainage and prevent sink backups.
Things You Will Need
- DIY: How to Remove Silicone Caulk
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Clean a Paella Pan
- How to Dissolve Ink
- How to Snake a Drain Pipe
- How to Eliminate Odors in Bathroom Sinks
- How to Clean a Stale Washing Machine
- How to Remove Hard Water Deposits in Teapots
- How to Use Vinegar to Disinfect
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- How to Clean an Air Conditioner
- How to Reset a Craftsman Keypad
- How to Unblock Drain Pipes
- How to Clean a Pickle Crock