Instructions for a Miele Incognito Dishwasher
If you have recently installed a Miele Incognito dishwasher in your home, you must know how to use it before putting on your first load. Miele Incognito dishwashers feature three spray arms to quickly remove dirt and are designed to run quietly and efficiently. The internal draws can accommodate entire cutlery settings as well as large platters, pots and pans. The dishwasher is easy to use and can be mastered in just a few minutes.
- Scrape off any excess dirt or leftovers into the garbage and load the dishwasher without rinsing. Miele recommends placing dishes, platters and pots into the bottom tray with the soiled side facing the middle so water can reach all surfaces. Cutlery should be packed loosely into the cutlery basket with the soiled edges pointing up. Pull out and fill the cutlery draw at the top of the machine for extra room. Place any cups or glasses upside down in the upper tray to prevent water pooling. Make sure no items interfere with the spin arms. See Warnings for a list of items unsuitable for cleaning in a dishwasher.
- Load detergent into the boxes on the inside of the door. Press the latch on the detergent box and "Fill "Compartment II" with two tbsp. of detergent or a pre-measured dishwasher tablet. Close the lid of the compartment but keep the main door of the dishwasher open.
- Switch the dishwasher on by pressing the "I" button at the very left of the control panel. Select a cycle using the buttons labelled "1" to "6." The cycle's which correspond to the number are shown on the display. Choose "1" for "Pots and Pans," "2" for "Sani Wash," "3" for "Normal Plus," "4" for "Normal," "5" for "Economy" or "6" for "Rinse and Hold."
- Close the door of the dishwasher until it clicks. The Incognito will begin its wash cycle automatically. If you forget to load an item, pull the door open a small way and wait for the cycle to stop. Load the item and close the door. Incognito dishwashers do not require you to press the "I" button to resume, the cycle will automatically continue from the point of interruption.
- Open the door when the cycle is finished. All cycles allow for drying time except for "Rinse and Hold."
- Do not wash: wooden products, cutlery with wooden handles, wooden cutting boards, items containing glue, craft items, antiques, silverware, lead crystal, copper, brass, tin, pewter, non-heat resistant products or cast iron pots and pans. Items soiled with sand, ashes, wax, grease or paint should be washed by hand.