How to Use Quixx Scratch Remover
Scratches in the paint finish of your car are all but unavoidable, but you don't have to put up with these blemishes in the vehicle's finish. A scratch-removal solution such as Quixx Scratch Remover can make scratches disappear.
- Dip the Quixx Wet Sandpaper supplied in the scratch remover kit into a bucket of warm water. Rub sandpaper lightly over the scratched area until the scratch blends into the finish of the car. Skip this step when removing shallow, barely-visible scratches, or if your car has a nano-paint finish.
- Squeeze a blob of Quixx Polish No. 1 about the size of a dime onto a clean cotton cloth. Rub the polish vigorously into the scratched area in circular motions. Keep rubbing for around two minutes.
- Wipe off excess Polish No. 1 with a clean segment of the cloth then wipe the area clean with a sponge and warm water, leaving a dull area where the scratch used to be.
- Squeeze a blob of Quixx Polish No. 2 -- about twice the amount as you used of Polish No. 1 -- onto another clean cotton towel. Wipe the Polish No. 2 into the dull area, rubbing for around two minutes in circular motions. Wipe off excess polish with a clean segment of the same cloth you used to apply the Polish No. 2.
Things You Will Need
- Quixx Wet Sandpaper, Polish No. 1 and Polish No. 2 (supplied in Scratch Remover kit)
- 1 bucket warm water
- 2 cotton towels
- Car-cleaning sponge
- For particularly deep scratches, ask your mechanic or car dealer for a paint touch-up pen in your car's exact color. Apply the touch-up pen between Steps 1 and 2.