- Plan the area for the fake window, and put four pencil dots on the wall to mark the spot.
- Use a measuring stick and a level to connect the dots on the wall with a pencil. This gives you straight, level lines to begin the project.
- Draw the panes or window divisions. Use the level and measuring stick to divide the drawn square into sections to represent the panes of a window.
- Draw a landscape. Decide what you want the scene outside the fake window to be, and draw it in with a pencil.
- Paint the window. Begin by painting the area meant to be the physical window, including the areas for panes. Then move to the drawn landscape.
Things You Will Need
- Measuring stick
- Consider stepping outside the box with the landscape portion of the window. Painting it to appear as if you are looking at a brick wall or at a door can add interest to the piece.