- Open the dishwasher and empty it of all dishes. Remove the bottom wire dish container by rolling it out and lifting it away.
- Wipe around the tub gasket, in the center of the bottom of the dishwasher, with a damp cloth. The filter is self-cleaning so you will not need to remove it.
- Remove the glass trap from the center of the filter. This is designed to collect debris from the dishwashing process, including bits of bone, broken glass and food waste. Remove the trap by grasping the handle and lifting it out.
- Empty the glass trap of all remnants and rinse it with clean water. Lift the trap back into position at the center of the filter.
Things You Will Need
- Filter and trap clearance instructions vary depending on the model of Kenmore dishwasher. Always check the user manual for detailed instructions.
- Clear the trap regularly to prevent the build-up of food waste.