- Remove loose dirt and debris by sweeping the area of the hardwood floor you wish to clean. Sweep debris into a dust pan and then throw it away.
- Mix 1/2 cup of white vinegar with 1 gallon of water in a large container. Dip the cloth in the solution and wring out excess water.
- Wipe the floor with the towel to remove the footprints. Make sure the cloth is damp but not wet. Dry the hardwood floor with a soft towel.
- Repeat the washing process over all areas with footprints. Remember to dry each area of the hardwood floor with a towel. Hardwood floors can absorb excess water, which can cause the wood to expand and splinter.
Things You Will Need
- White vinegar
- Large container
- Hardwood cleaner
- Cover a hardwood floor with a mat or rug to help capture dirt and protect the floor's finish.
- Use a professional grade hardwood cleaner to remove tough stains on floors.