- Verify that the PermaTuf dishwasher is plugged into a power supply if it does not start. Reset the fuse or circuit breaker if necessary.
- Touch a wash cycle pad and then the "Start" button within 30 seconds of each other if the control panel lights go out while selecting options.
- Load the dishwasher so that there are no objects blocking the detergent dispenser cups if there is detergent left over after the wash cycle. If the detergent cup remains locked after the wash cycle, open the door and press "Start/Reset" three times rapidly. This will trip the latch on the cup.
- Clean out the drain in the kitchen sink if the dishwasher is not draining. If the kitchen sink has an air gap, lift off the cap and clean out the air gap. Run the garbage disposal and clean the drain hose on the dishwasher if necessary.
- Fill the detergent cup with only the recommended amount of automatic dishwasher detergent if there are large amounts of suds in the tub. Open the dishwasher and let it air dry for awhile. Add 1 gallon of cold water to the dishwasher and close the door. Press "Start/Reset" twice in a row to activate the water pump. If rinse aid detergent spills inside the dishwasher, wipe it up to prevent additional sudsing.
- Select "Hi Temp Wash" if dishes don't seem clean enough. Check the water temperature at the sink and ensure it is at least 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Run the hot water at the sink before starting the dishwasher cycle.
- Clean the dishwasher interior with a damp cloth and a small amount of dishwasher detergent if there is a white film on dishes. If there is a yellow or brown film on the inside of the dishwasher or on dishes, clean the dishwasher interior with ½ cup bleach and 3 cups warm water and a cleaning sponge.
How to Troubleshoot a GE PermaTuf Dishwasher
The General Electric PermaTuf dishwasher is a unit with a tough interior to handle hot water and resist staining or rusting over time. The dishwasher also includes different wash cycles for various types of dishes and china, split silverware basket, heated dry, delay start and pre-wash options. Users may sometimes have questions about the operation of the dishwasher or problems with how the dishwasher is functioning. If this occurs, troubleshooting methods may be useful.
Things You Will Need
- How to Fix a Kenmore Dishwasher Control Panel With a Key Stuck
- My Dishwasher Is Stuck in a Heating Delay
- How to Remove Dishwasher Stains
- How to Clean a Marble Tub
- KitchenAid Dishwasher Making a Loud Sound
- Instructions for a Miele Incognito Dishwasher
- How to Troubleshoot a Kenmore Elite Calypso Washer
- Danby Countertop Dishwasher Troubleshooting
- How Do you Clean Cloudy Glass Dishes?
- How to Repair a Kenmore Dishwasher Stuck in the Wash Cycle
- Stainless Steel Dishwasher Cleaning
- How to Troubleshoot a Sears Kenmore 587 Dishwasher
- How to Troubleshoot a Kenmore Washer Timer
- Jura Capresso E8: Troubleshooting Guide