- Determine a suitable place to install your thermostat control. Choose a place away from sources of sunlight, heat or ventilation, and within 4 feet to 5 feet of the floor. Install an outlet box that is mounted to the wall.
- Connect the common connections from the fan and pump to the neutral supply if you are doing a 120v installation. Route the "Common/Neutral" wire, "Active" wire, fan "Low" wire, fan "High" wire and pump drive down to the "Out" box in accordance with national and local electrical codes. Make sure to identify each wire for connection with your thermostat control.
- Pull your wiring through about 6 inches from the wall at the outlet box and connect your thermostat by connecting the wires. Clean up the wiring and ease the thermostat control into the outlet box. Screw your thermostat control into position and fit the face plate onto the front.
How to Install a Thermostat Control for an Evaporative Cooler
An evaporative cooler cools air through heat absorption. A thermostat control can be installed on an evaporative cooler to make the operation of the cooler more efficient by turning off the cooler automatically when the air reaches a desired temperature. Install a thermostat control by finding a suitable place to install it, installing an outlet box, connecting the common connections and connecting the wires of your thermostat.
- Avoid electrical shock, fire or death by disconnecting the power to the system at the circuit breaker or main fuse before starting installation, and leave it disconnected until installation is complete
- Install your thermostat control in accordance with appropriate electrical codes and regulations. Consult with a qualified electrician to help with installation.
- Do not connect to a circuit operating over 150v to the ground.
- How to Add Light Fixtures to Ceiling Fans
- How to Install a Ceiling Fan in a Manufactured Home
- How to Troubleshoot a Fedders Dehumidifier
- How to Install a Hunter Ceiling Fan
- How to Make Your Own 3-Phase Converter
- How to Install a 220 Volt Outlet for an Electric Dryer
- How to Fix Noisy Broan Range Hoods
- How to Install a Honeywell Chronotherm III
- How to Install Ground Wiring
- How to Adjust Flow on Pond Pumps
- How to Install a Hot Water Recirculating Pump
- How to Troubleshoot a Jacuzzi Motor Pump
- How to Wire an Electric Range
- How to Wire a 4-Speed Blower Motor