- Remove the visor clip from the rear of the garage door remote, if it is a standard-size remote. To remove the visor clip, slide it out of the visor clip slot on the rear of the remote. Compact remotes do not have a visor clip, but a key-ring on the bottom-corner.
- Locate the slot on the case of the remote labeled "Open." On standard-size remotes, the slot is located on the bottom of the remote. The slot is located on the side of compact remotes.
- Insert the visor clip or a flat-head screwdriver into the slot.
- Twist the visor clip or screwdriver gently to pry open the case.
- Pull the case apart when it begins to separate.
How to Open Craftsman Garage Remotes
Craftsman garage door openers include one or two remote controls, depending on the model of the garage door opener. The remote controls are programmed to the garage door opener and allow you to open and close the garage door from a short distance away, such as in your car when you are pulling in or out of your driveway. Craftsman garage remotes are battery powered and the batteries will eventually die after regular use. To replace the batteries, it is necessary to open the remote.
Things You Will Need
- How to Install a Coby Home Theater Surround System
- How to Replace a Paper Towel Roll
- How to Replace the Battery in a Braun Shaver
- How to Open the Clip on Vertical Blinds
- How to Troubleshoot a Samsung Series 6 Remote Control
- How to Remove the Stereo From a Mazda5
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Change the Light Inside the Microwave Oven
- How to Change a Thermador Double Oven Clock
- How to Remove Heavy Rust
- How to Change Combination Lock Codes
- How to Convert Gauge Thickness to Millimeters
- How to Lock a Garage
- How to Unlock a Door Latch