How to Remove a Samsung RF217 Ice Maker
Making repairs to the ice maker on a Samsung RF217 refrigerator sometimes requires removing the unit from the freezer. The ice maker on the Samsung RF217 attaches to an upper support bracket that enables quick removal of the ice maker for repairs or replacement. The ice maker consists of the front motor shaft, an ice tray and a wire connector. A replacement ice maker kit for the Samsung RF217 is available through Samsung and some appliance repair shops.
Unplug the Samsung RF217 refrigerator power cord. Open the freezer door and remove the contents on the shelf below the ice bin.
Lift the front cover of the ice maker up, and pull the bottom away from the unit. Pull down the front cover and remove it completely from the freezer.
Remove the two screws securing the front of the ice maker to the upper support with a Phillips screwdriver. The screws are at the front of the ice maker.
Push the two locking tabs on the sides of the ice maker with your fingers.The tabs are along the sides at the front of the unit. Pull down to release the front, and slide the ice maker toward you until you have access to the ribbon connector.
Pull the end of the ribbon connector from the plug in the top of the support bracket with your fingers. Pull the ice maker completely out of the freezer.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips screwdriver
- When installing the ice maker, ensure the rear of the motor shaft is firmly seated into the slot on the back of the ice maker support.
- Trouble in Removing the Back Filter Cover of a Kenmore Progressive Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Reset a Maytag MAH8700AWW Washer
- How to Use Rubbing Alcohol to Clean Lenses
- How to Get to the Motor of a Maytag Atlantis Washer
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How to Clean Aprilaire Filters