Removing the Front Vent Cover on a Kenmore Refrigerator
Cleaning under the Kenmore refrigerator, adjusting the front legs or emptying the drip pan requires removal of the front vent cover. The front vent cover is the grill at the bottom of the unit. The grill serves as a decoration while also allowing air circulation under the refrigerator. Removing the front vent cover on a Kenmore refrigerator is a simple process and requires no tools. It is a good idea to clean the back of the vent cover while it is off the refrigerator to remove dust and debris buildup.
Open the refrigerator door fully. This gives you complete access to the front vent cover under the door. If you have a Kenmore side-by-side unit, open both the freezer and refrigerator doors.
Grab both ends of the front vent cover with your hands. Your fingers should be on the top of the vent cover with your thumbs on the bottom of the cover.
Squeeze the top and bottom of the vent cover, and pull it away from the Kenmore refrigerator. Once you pull the vent cover away, make a mental note of the holes in the refrigerator frame for the tabs on the back of the vent cover.
- Close the refrigerator doors once you have the front vent cover off unless you need access to the inside of the unit.
- How to Clean a Drip Pan for a Frigidaire Refrigerator
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How to Remove the Back of an LG Tromm Dryer
- How to Reset a Refrigerator's Defrost Control on a GE Monogram
- How to Clean Rotten Meat in a Freezer
- How to Level an Electrolux Side-by-Side Refrigerator