- Wash glassware by hand in hot soapy water, using a soft cloth to remove debris and lip marks from the glass. Add 1 tbsp. of white vinegar to every few cups of water for extra cleaning power and for a streak-free shine.
- Remove the glass from the water and inspect it for stains or debris. Make sure to look in all grooves of the glass. Rewash the glass if necessary.
- Dip a scouring pad designated for glassware into the vinegar, and scrub hard water stains from the glass. Don't use a traditional scouring pad or it will scratch your glasses.
- Rinse the glass with hot water.
- Turn the glass upside down and let it air dry on a rack or towel. Vinegar in the dishwater helps the water evaporate off the glass quickly and generally won't leave streaks.
- Shine glassware with a dry terry cloth. Avoid getting fingerprints on the glass by gripping it in the palm of your hand.
Things You Will Need
- Mild dish soap
- Soft terry cloths
- White vinegar
- Scouring pad
- Remove stains from deep etches in glassware with a toothbrush. Dip the toothbrush into vinegar and scrub gently.