Things You Will Need
- 2 cups vinegar
- Dish cloth
- Dish soap
Plastic bowls make handy storage items, but if you store greasy food in them, you may be left with a stubborn oily film that won't come off with soap and water alone. Fortunately, you don't have to throw away plastic storage containers that become greasy, and you don't have to spend a lot of money on expensive cleaning products.
You can use inexpensive, gentle household cleaners to restore your plastic bowls back to excellent condition.
- Fill your sink half full of hot water.
- Add 2 cups of white vinegar to the sink.
- Immerse the bowls in the hot water and vinegar solution and let them soak for about 15 minutes.
- Squirt some dish soap onto a dishcloth and give the bowls a thorough scrubbing.
- Rinse the bowls well and dry them.