- Scrape burned rice grains out of the pan with a wooden spoon. Detach as much burned rice residue as possible.
- Fill the dirty pan half full of warm water. Squirt about 9 tsp. dishwashing soap into the pan.
- Simmer the pot of sudsy water over low heat for 15 minutes. The combination of heat and dish soap causes burned rice to soften and loosen from the cookware.
- Turn off the heat and let the sudsy water cool for 30 minutes. Once cool, use the wooden spoon to scrape the softened rice out of the pan.
- Scrub the entire pan, (inside and outside, with a nylon kitchen sponge and dish soap to detach any lingering rice and burned residue.
- Rinse the pan in hot, flowing water. Thoroughly flush out all soap and loosened debris from the pan.
- Dry the pan with a dishtowel before storing it.
Things You Will Need
- Wooden spoon
- Dishwashing soap
- Nylon kitchen sponge
- Substitute ¼ cup baking soda for dish soap when simmering the solution. Baking soda loosens burned gunk in pans.