How to Unlock the BIOS for a Dell Latitude D510
Just like any other computer running the Windows operating system, Dell's Latitude D510 laptop has a BIOS program you can enter to adjust system settings. Unlike other programs on your computer, which are accessed via shortcut icons or menu options within Windows, the BIOS on the Dell Latitude must be entered from outside of Windows.
Open the lid on your Dell Latitude D510 laptop computer and press the "Power" button.
Hold down the "FN" keyboard key.
Press the "F1" keyboard key to access the BIOS on your Dell Latitude D510. If prompted, enter your BIOS password. Your computer did not ship with a BIOS, so any password you are prompted to enter was set after purchase by the user. If you cannot remember this password, type "DELL" without quotes to enter and unlock your Dell BIOS.
- How do I Find a Whirlpool Appliance Repair Manual?
- How to Shut Off a Brinks Home Security System
- How to Get Into a Cricket Account
- How to Remove the Closed Captioning on a Magnavox 27Mt3305/17 TV Without the Original Remote
- How to Watch Recorded Videos From Comcast Cable
- How to Use a Keypad Door Lock