What Does the Sleep Button on an Alarm Clock Do?
The sleep button on a clock radio turns on the radio for a set amount of time, usually one hour or less. It is commonly used by people who prefer to go to sleep to music.
Other common features on a clock radio include an alarm, sometimes with the option to wake to the radio, and a snooze button, which causes the alarm to go off at set intervals, often nine minutes, until turned off.
Clock radios with sleep functions allow the user to create white noise by setting the radio to static, or to a talk radio or music station. This is a useful function for people who have trouble getting to sleep without background noise.
Always follow all safety guidelines listed in the user manual for your clock radio to minimize risk of electric shock or other injury.
- Common Problems and Solutions for a Central Air Conditioning Unit
- How to Reset Your Garbage Disposal
- How to Replace a Toilet Flapper
- How to Reset the Beeping Noise on a Model FAA67P7 Frigidare Air Conditioner
- How to Install a Doorbell Button
- How to Remove the Closed Captioning on a Magnavox 27Mt3305/17 TV Without the Original Remote