How to Remove the Closed Captioning on a Magnavox 27Mt3305/17 TV Without the Original Remote
The Magnavox 27MT3305/17 is a 27 inch CRT television monitor. The 27MT3305/17 has inputs for coaxil, composite and S-video signals, and includes a remote control that allows you to change the channel and volume, as well as adjust television settings. The television includes a closed caption setting that displays the audio on the screen as text. This is a helpful feature if watching television in a noisy environment, however you may wish to turn this feature off when it is not needed. The closed caption feature can be turned off using the remote or directly from the television.
Program the universal remote, according to the remote manufacturer's instructions. To program the remote to operate the Magnavox 27MT3305, use any of the following remote codes: 006, 007, 010, 011, 013, 016.
Locate the "Picture-in-Picture" button, which may be labeled as "PIP," on the universal remote control.
Press the "Picture-In-Picture" button repeatedly until the words "CC OFF" is displayed on the screen.
- If you do not have access to a universal remote control, unplug the television from the wall and allow it to remain unplugged for at least 30 seconds to reset the television.
Andrew Todd has been writing since 2006. He has written for the Consumer Search website and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida. Todd has a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University of Central Florida.
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- How to Use WD-40 to Wash a Shower Door
- How to Change the Password on a Craftsman Garage Door Keypad
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Remove Suntan Lotion From Hardwood Floors
- How to Reprogam a PED Basic Card Reader