- Determine the best location for the humidifier. Crane recommends placement on a level, waterproof surface that is non-metallic, non-wood and lint-free.
- Verify that the water level sensor is in place and the fan vent is clear. The water level sensor belongs in the water basin, on the left-hand side of the basin when looking down from above. The fan vent is under the base of the humidifier, and it must be kept clean of lint or other obstructions.
- Remove the water tank from the elephant's central body. Unscrew the cap on its bottom and fill it with cool, distilled or filtered water. Avoid overfilling the tank. Screw the cap back on the tank.
- Replace the water tank on the elephant's central body. Set the top of the elephant's head, which also is the mist output cover, onto the water tank.
- Plug the elephant cool-mist humidifier into an electrical outlet and turn onthe control knob. Expect the light to turn red while the humidifier prepares to produce mist. It will soon turn green, and mist will begin to come out of the output slots on the top of the elephant's head.
- Adjust the mist output via the control knob. Turn it clockwise for more mist and counterclockwise for less.
- Refill the water tank when the indicator light turns red again, making sure to turn off and unplug the unit before taking it apart.
- Turn off, unplug and empty the unit when finished using it for the day. Dry the water basin with a clean cloth before reassembling the elephant's body.
How to Use the Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier
Crane manufactures and sells a variety of cool mist humidifiers, including the Adorable Animals line. One of the animals present in that line of humidifiers is the elephant cool mist humidifier. The humidifier can handle rooms up to 250 square feet for up to 11 hours before the 1-gallon tank requires a refill. Additionally, the humidifier has an auto-off function that will keep it from running when empty. Crane recommends the elephant cool mist humidifier's use to calm coughing, sinus irritation, dry skin and nasal congestion.
Things You Will Need
- Keep the humidifier out of children's reach, and do not place a towel or other fabric underneath. Do not place additives, such as mentholated liquids, into the humidifier.
- How to Use a Swift Espresso Machine
- How to Make a Home Bait Tank
- How to Use Steamtek on Carpets
- How to Clean an Outdoor Bird Feeder
- How to Use an Italian Espresso Maker
- Adjusting Whirlpool Modular Ice Makers
- How to Use the Bissell Steam Mop With Eucalyptus Mint
- How to Install a Humidistat
- Installation of In-Line Water Pumps
- How to Use the Amcor Ionizer
- How to Build an Urn Bubbler Fountain
- How to Troubleshoot a Spa Pump Problem
- How to Keep Decorative Fountains From Freezing
- Instructions for Espresso Machine BC-1724