How to Clean a Bionaire Humidifier
Bionaire humidifiers increase and maintain the moisture level of indoor air. A moderate level of humidity helps to relieve cold and allergy symptoms and promotes comfortable sleep during dry weather. It also decreases static electricity and creates a favorable environment for wood furniture preservation.
Bionaire humidifiers come in four styles to accommodate different climates and health needs: warm mist, cool mist, vapor and ultrasonic. Clean your Bionaire humidifier weekly to ensure proper operation and avoid bacterial growth.
Things You Will Need
- Clean, lint-free cloth or paper towels
- White vinegar
- Soft-bristled scrub brush
To cut down on the formation of mineral deposits, use demineralized or distilled water in your humidifier, rather than tap water. Professional scale-remover solutions or 3-percent hydrogen peroxide are alternative products to use instead of white vinegar.
To avoid damage, do not use abrasive cleaners or brushes, boiling water, soap, detergents, glass cleaner or furniture polish on your humidifier.
Turn off the Bionaire humidifier, and unplug it from the electrical outlet.
Remove the water tank from the humidifier's base and the filter, if any.
Wipe down the humidifier's base with a paper towel dampened with white vinegar. Rinse the base with warm water, and dry it with a clean, lint-free cloth or paper towels.
Empty the water tank. Rinse it with warm water to remove the bulk of dirt and sediment.
Fill the water tank halfway with warm water and 1 cup of white vinegar. Allow the solution to sit for 20 minutes. Gently scrub the tank with a soft-bristled scrub brush until all mineral deposits and scales disappear.
Empty the dirty vinegar solution. Rinse the water tank thoroughly with warm water. Dry the water tank inside and out with a clean, lint-free cloth or paper towels.
Replace the filter and reattach the clean water tank to the base of the Bionaire humidifier. The humidifier is now ready to refill and use.
The Drip Cap
- Bionaire humidifiers increase and maintain the moisture level of indoor air.
- A moderate level of humidity helps to relieve cold and allergy symptoms and promotes comfortable sleep during dry weather.
- Rinse it with warm water to remove the bulk of dirt and sediment.
- Dry the water tank inside and out with a clean, lint-free cloth or paper towels.
Aja Rivers is a New England native who has been writing professionally for nine years. Her poetry has appeared in "Tiger’s Eye: A Journal of Poetry," "Main Channel Voices" and "The Aurorean." She has an associate's degree in science from Cape Cod Community College and a paralegal certificate from Gloucester County College. Rivers is also a certified all-breed dog groomer.
- How to Use the Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier
- Instructions for a Disney Ultrasonic Winnie the Pooh Humidifier
- How to Drain a Reverse Osmosis Water Storage Tank
- How to Clean Vicks Cool Mist Humidifiers
- Programming Instructions for a Farberware Coffee Maker
- How to Clean a Walgreens Cool Mist Humidifier