How to Take Maytag MCE8000AYW Dryer Panels Off
The Maytag MCE8000AYW Neptune clothes dryer consists of a back panel, front panel, two side panels and a top panel. The panels go together like a jigsaw puzzle and secure together with a series of screws and clips. When you need to perfrom maintenance on your Maytag, you will likely remove one or more of the dryer's panels to gain access to the internal parts needed to complete the repairs.
- Unplug the Maytag from its electrical outlet and pull the dryer away from the wall so you can access the dryer vent.
- Loosen the band clamp on the dryer vent with a screwdriver and then place the dryer vent off to the side. Slide the Maytag dryer far enough away from the wall that you can easily access all four sides of the unit.
- Locate and remove the screws that hold the back panel in place. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws.
- Tilt the front of the machine back so you can access the screws on the bottom of the front panel. You will locate one screw in each of the bottom corners. Remove the screws with a screwdriver.
- Place the dryer back on all four feet and then pull the bottom panel upward until the clips on the top of the dryer release. Place the front panel to the side.
- Tilt the dryer to one side and locate the screws in the bottom corners of the side panel. Remove the screws and then pull the panel out until the clips release. Repeat this process with the other side panel.
- Pull the end caps off the dryer's electrical control unit and then remove the screws that hold the control unit on the top of the dryer. Lift the control unit up and locate the wiring harnesses. Disconnect the harnesses and place the control unit off to the side.
- Lift the top panel off the dryer.