How to Hang a T-Shirt on the Wall
Hanging a T-shirt on a wall is a good way to show off a collectible like a sports jersey or autographed band T-shirt. However, T-shirts do not hold their shape well when they are on the wall and quickly collect dust. It is best to frame the shirts to keep the proper shape and stay clean. Hang the framed T-shirt in a themed room dedicated to your favorite rock group or sports team. These hangings also work well in a child's room.
- Select a shadow box picture frame about the same length as the shirt. Shadow box picture frames are deeper and have more room to accommodate the fabric of a shirt.
- Cut the heavy fabric matting to fit inside the body of the T-shirt. Choose a high-quality matting that will support the weight of the shirt.
- Punch holes around the edge of the matting using a tack. Make two holes side-by-side that are about 4 inches apart all the way around the board.
- Insert the matting into the T-shirt. If you want the front of the shirt to face forward, cut the matting out of the neckline so you can't see it. If the T-shirt's back faces out, the matting won't be visible.
- Sew along the edge of the fabric through the T-shirt and board, everywhere there are two holes together. Use a high-quality thread, like quilting thread, and tie a tight knot when you are finished. Choose thread that matches the fabric.
- Insert the mat into the shadow box and close it. It is now ready to hang.