- Insert the drain stopper into the sink and fill with 4 to 5 gallons of warm water if an odor emits from the garbage disposal. Pour 1/4 cup of baking soda into the water and agitate to dissolve. Remove the drain stopper and quickly activate the garbage disposal. Allow the garbage disposal to run for the duration of the sink draining before turning off.
- Turn off garbage disposal and running water if the motor fails to run or stops running during use. Access the exterior bottom of the disposal and push the short end of the Badger wrench into the hole at the bottom of the disposal. Wiggle the wrench back and forth several times to loosen jam, then turn wrench one full turn within the hole. Reach into the interior of the garbage disposal using a long-handled pair of tongs and remove the item that caused the jam. Allow the unit to sit undisturbed for five minutes, then depress the red button on the bottom exterior of the disposal to reset.
- Verify that the circuit panel supplying power to the garbage disposal does not have a blown fuse or tripped breaker if the motor failure persists and no jam is evident.
Badger 10S Garbage Disposal Troubleshooting
The InSinkErator line of residential garbage disposals is produced by Wisconsin-based Emerson. The InSinkErator is sold under brand names Badger and Contractor. The 10S is a garbage disposal for residential use sold under the Badger name. Temporary motor failures may be caused by jammed food, and unpleasant odors in the disposal are caused by food-particle accumulation.
Things You Will Need
- How to Troubleshoot My InSinkErator 333
- How to Troubleshoot a Clogged InSinkErator Drain
- Troubleshooting a Garbage Disposal That is Not Working
- How to Fix a Garbage Disposal When the Reset Button Doesn't Work
- How to Repair a Gerber Tub Drain
- How to Remove Fungus From the Rubber Seal on a Washer
- Troubleshooting a Kenmore Chest Freezer that Stops Freezing
- How to Remove a Squirrel Cage From a Furnace Motor Shaft
- How to Stop an Air Conditioner From Freezing Up
- How to Remove the Impeller on a Maytag Dishwasher
- How to Replace a Microwave Handle
- How to Troubleshoot a Sears Model 139.655000 Garage Door Opener
- How to Replace a Bathtub Drain Flange
- How to Make a Safe Septic Tank Drain Cleaner