Stuck-on grease and seemingly impossible stains are a breeze to get rid of with a little elbow power and the strength of a few natural ingredients. Vinegar and lemon have natural grease-cutting agents, and when combined with cleaning ingredients, can destroy any greasy stain, no matter how built-up or old.
How to Make a Natural Lemon Grease Cutter
- Squeeze the juice from two fresh lemons into a bowl.
- Add ½ cup of vinegar to the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the vinegar and juice solution with borax.
- Blend gently with a spoon.
- Dip a scouring pad or scrub brush into the grease cutter and scrub away greasy built-up stains.
How to Make a Natural Sudsy Grease Cutter
- Mix 2 ½ tablespoons of washing soda with ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil-based liquid soap.
- Add 3 tablespoons of vinegar to the soapy solution.
- Slowly pour two cups of hot water over the mixture, blending with a spoon.
- Pour the grease cutter into a spray bottle and use it as you would any commercial cleanser.