Things You Will Need
- Soft dish brush
- Sokoff Pot & Pan Cleaner or equivalent
- Soft washcloth
Caked on grease and food are just one problem aluminum pots have. This cookware can also become tarnished and blackened from excessive heat and soaking in water.
If your aluminum pots need their original shine back, cleaning them well is the only solution. Plain dishwashing soap and scrubbing may not be enough to get the shine back into your aluminum pots and pans, though.
They will need special attention to get their brand new look and feel back again.
- Choose an aluminum pot cleaner such as Sokoff Pot & Pan Cleaner. This product is simple to use and designed strictly for cookware problems (see Resources below). You can use other aluminum cookware products if you choose, but be sure that it is safe on metal as well as cuts heavy grease and stains.
- Drop about 1 tsp. of Sokoff Pot & Pan Cleaner into your aluminum pot.
- Use the soft dish brush to brush the cleaner around the pan, both inside and outside. Make sure that a good coating of the cleaner is present on both sides.
- Set the aluminum pot aside. The Sokoff Pot & Pan Cleaner well need to set for about 10 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse the cleaner off the aluminum pot. Make sure to remove every bit of the cleaner on the inside as well as on the outside.
- Dry the aluminum pot with your soft washcloth and look at the cookware closely. Be sure that it is completely clean. If it is not, repeat steps 2 to 5 until all the tarnish is gone.