Things You Will Need
- Clothes poles
- Decorative accents and furniture
Closet space is a premium in most homes. An extra bedroom that is sitting empty can be turned into a lovely closet or dressing room with a little effort.
Functional or beautiful, dress it according to your style and way of life.
- Evaluate the extra room with regard to your needs. Do you want a lovely dressing room with real furnishings such as a dresser, chest of drawers, dressing table, etc.? Perhaps you are just looking for extra storage. Perhaps you would like a combination closet and dressing area. Any of these choices are options you may choose with your extra room.
- Storage Closet This room will be very functional. Measure the dimensions of each wall in your room so you you will get the right size shelving. Purchase shelving from your local home store in any combination you choose. This type shelving comes in boxes with instructions for installation. If you or friends are do-it-yourselfers this room can be done in one day.
- Dressing Room Closet Combination This room is the most fun because you can let your imagination run wild. Furnish the room with a dresser and mirror, chest of drawers, jewelry armoire, comfortable dressing table and chair all in the style of your choice.
- If you are looking for luxury and your budget allows make this room a haven where you can relax, or get dressed in a hurry if necessary. Organization is the key here. Sort your items in a way that works best for you. Some people want sweaters together, dresses, skirts, shirts and blouses, trousers, jeans, t-shirts...the combinations are endless.
- Choose a room next to your master bedroom to use for the dressing room. Adding a door will offer convenient access from the bedroom to your dressing room.