If you have ever tried to wash dishes with low water pressure, you know how frustrating it can be when the sink takes 10 minutes just to fill up. Thankfully, there is a simple way to increase the water pressure in your home.
It only takes a few minutes and does not require any special knowledge or tools.
- Locate the water pressure regulator for your home. The regulator is typically outside the home on the municipal water main leading to the house.
- Turn on a sprinkler in the yard so that you can see how your adjusting will affect the water pressure.
- Loosen the retainer nut by turning it to the left. This is the nut at the tip of the device.
- Use your hand to rotate the pressure adjustment stem clockwise. Continue rotating the stem until the pressure is where you feel it should be.
- Tighten the retainer nut by rotating it to the right.
Things You Will Need
- If your pipes were old and had built up calcium deposits, you will experience a noticeable increase in water pressure.