Things You Will Need
- Baby oil
- Silver polish
Chrome shower curtain rods can add sparkle to a bathroom if they are cleaned properly. Water spots, dust and other residue can leave them looking dull at times.
In order to regularly maintain the chrome's shine, you should use a gentle but effective means of cleaning. Never use harsh, abrasive cleaners, as they can permanently scratch the chrome.
Cleaning Chrome Shower Curtain Rods
- Remove the rod from its location and the shower curtain from the rod.
- Fill your sink or a small bucket with warm, soapy water. Dip a rag into this water and thoroughly wipe down the entire shower rod.
- Rinse out the rag with clean, warm water, and wipe the rod again to remove any remaining soap.
- Pour some white vinegar onto another clean, dry rag and wipe down the curtain rod once more.
- Rub the rod down with a dry rag to remove any remaining vinegar.
- Squirt a small amount of silver polish onto a rag and rub down the shower curtain rod if the steps above didn't completely clean all of the marks off of it. The silver polish should remove any blemishes that are still remaining. Rub the polish off when you're done.
- Apply a little baby oil to a clean, dry rag and wipe the shower curtain rod down to give it a shine. Another way to shine the curtain rod is to use commercial chrome polishes or car wax.